Topic: Totalmix FX Workspace /Snapshot MAC/PC

I'm trying to load a snapshot or a workspace on a mac which i have created with a pc but it is not possible to select these files in Totalmix FX on the mac. Any Hints for that problem?

Thanks,
Andreas

Re: Totalmix FX Workspace /Snapshot MAC/PC

You used the menu with 'Load Workspace' to do that? Double click on the file or Drag and Drop is not supported.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Everfight 2011-02-19 15:34:35)

Yeah I used the menu "Load Workspace..." but I couldn't select the files. I also opened a copy of the mac- and the pc-workspace in an editor but I didn't find any difference except the device name. In pc it's "FirefaceUFX1" and in mac it's "FirefaceUFX23108001"

Regards,
Andreas

Thanks, we'll check.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Everfight wrote:

Yeah I used the menu "Load Workspace..." but I couldn't select the files. I also opened a copy of the mac- and the pc-workspace in an editor but I didn't find any difference except the device name. In pc it's "FirefaceUFX1" and in mac it's "FirefaceUFX23108001"

Regards,
Andreas

What happens if you append .tmws(workspace) or .tmss(snap shot) to the file?

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

It has the extension tmws/tmss but I can't select the file. It is grey. Tmws files which I have created with the mac are not grey and I can load these files. only the files from pc are grey and not selectable.

Everfight wrote:

It has the extension tmws/tmss but I can't select the file. It is grey. Tmws files which I have created with the mac are not grey and I can load these files. only the files from pc are grey and not selectable.

Strange indeed. HeadScratch
Lets wait and see what MC has up his sleeve.

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

The ability to read PC files on a Mac has not been implemented yet, it is scheduled for the next version. The files itself are identical, but the Mac does not see them as 'Mac' files. The usual paranoia...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The usual paranoia...

And there we have it folks. :-)

RME Fireface UFX

Temporary Workaround

If you need to load a Windows Snapshot or Workspace file into Mac TM FX:

- copy the file into a Mac folder (not FAT or NTFS)

- open the console (Terminal) to set the file type to Mac. Process:

- change to the file's folder (cd to change, ls to show the content of a folder)

- type the command: 'SetFile -t tmws filename.tmws' in case of a Workspace file.

- type the command: 'SetFile -t tmsu filename.tmsu' in case of a Snapshot file.

- check the new metadata of the file with the command 'mdls filename.tmws' or 'mdls filename.tmsu'

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you. Now I can load my Basic workspace with all my snapshots which I have created on my PC. Very nice smile
Regards,
Andreas