Topic: problems with expresscard and multiface 1

i just got a new daw laptop and am having problems with the rme expresscard. beside the fact that the card fits very loose in the laptop worries me already but the strange thing is that on my totalmix mixer all the meters go crazy, even with no audio input connected. I am able to work with Cubase and Ableton but get cracks and noise. have installed the latest drivers and firmware. several times but no results.
tried different latencies, cold reboot (even removing batteries from laptop)
Can anybody help me with this?

[img align=L]https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/6nbMVTlE5VII3URUIzd4kcuzwwkybj2cc-2eGCn9LQs?feat=directlink[/img]

ADK Pro Audio win7 64bit 8gig core i7 M640 2.8ghz

2 (edited by gurdfranky 2011-02-23 22:33:27)

Re: problems with expresscard and multiface 1

Is it a newer HDSPe expresscard? Did you allready check the serial # is not on the 'unstable' list above? If so, you have to change the card to a newer one or let do a hardware upgrade from your seller.
Also check your laptop for the newest bios!!!

EDIT: You also have to buy a cardslot adapter for your expresscard. Otherwise your card is too lose in the slot and can get lost in connection and your laptop will freeze.

Yes it is the newer HDSPe expresscard. I have serial nr 23021185 hardware rev 18, I allready checked and it doesn't appear on the list.
The cardslot adapter is allready ordered.

motherboard: CLEVO CO W870 CU
BIOS Rev: 1.00.18

Did you solve the problems?

No solution yet.
The moment i enable an audio channel in cubase or ableton, i get loud noise.
however if i enable a channel in the hdspmixer i get my signal whitout noise but not in my sequencer.
If i enable channels (in hdsp mixer) who are not connected i get no noise, but the meters are still going crazy. (see Pic)

\https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/hFXBDxwgdVKqKvjIiVmwdnuqH0yNPuP4I4izvJ12_u4?feat=directlink\

sometimes the hdspmixer start flickering changing size.
playback is fine

Multiface works fine on older setup with cardbus.

I really have no clue what it can be

marcos: see the chipset drivers are up to date for the os in bios disabled HPET support . il look back and see how your doing..

I t is a faulty expresscard, took the card to a friend and installed it on his laptop, same experience.
Now i have to check where to send the card for replacement. to RME or ADK ?