Topic: ff800 + logics I/O plug-in

hy folks,
I have been using my outboard with the ff800 till now by routing various tracks to various inputs/outputs and then selecting in the submix row what i want to hear and what not. a friend told me that it is much more handy to do that all with logics i/o plug-in. i have tryed it this way and it doesnt work: i insert on a track the i/o plug-in--in the plug-in i select the input to be an8 and output to be an8--the outboard is connected to an8 out and an8in...it doesn't work. I get no audio.
I tryed various ways of setting up faders in the total mix but nothing worked.
Can someone help me please?

Re: ff800 + logics I/O plug-in

I've used the Logic I/O plugin a lot and it has worked well for me.

If you have TotalMix up when you're running a Logic project, and you assign an I/O plugin with an output, can you see the audio coming out of Logic for that plugin? (middle row if you use TotalMix with all three rows up)

Remember that when you set an output in Logic is doesn't immediately go to the Fireface hardware outputs, but rather the software outputs (and then must be routed to a hardware output of your choice.)

thanks for your advice, I mastered it finally smile

Glad it worked out! :-)

Reviving an old thread as I'm having a similar problem with my FF400.
When using Logic's I/O plug in I get no signal on the playback channels of Total mix. Any idea why?

Instead I am routing out via a bus and back in with an audio channel but I get a lot of feedback when using my delay unit unless the output is set very low.