Topic: Internal Clock Problem ff800?

I'm having a big issue with my Fireface 800, I hope you can help me out.

Computer; Intel Dual Core
Ram: 2 GB
Mainboard: Asus P5
Device: Fireface 800

What happened?
I turned on my DAW as usual, but when I opened Cubase a BIG noise came out of the speakers.
I quickly muted the speakers and turned the Fireface off and on, which was followed by a stop-error (blue screen):

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 804ef1ce, parameter3 b81c9a10, parameter4 00000000.

I rebooted the machine, turned off my ADAT-interface just in case it was related to this, but the Fireface seemed
to be totally corrupted. I couldn't play any audio and the mixer kept on showing all kind of output on all faders without actually giving any sound.

Next step I removed the complete audio device from windows, downloaded the latest firmware & drivers and reinstalled
the fireface.

Result: no more big noises and/or mixer-issues, windows says all devices are working probably,  but..
the samplerate is totally wrong. This is weird, because in the RME settings the clock is set to Master and the dialog tells me
I'm running at 44.1khz. Also DDS is not activated. (see attachment)

When I play an MP3 in Winamp it plays the audio at a samplerate of 11khz (something like that, extremely low pitch)
Cubase won't play anything at all, allthough I can select the "ASIO Fireface" driver.

When I reconnect the ADAT-device (ADAT1), it keeps switching between Lock / No Lock, so that's not good either,
but also with ADAT powered off, I still have all the issues.

Can you give me a clue what I can do to fix this?

Re: Internal Clock Problem ff800?

I doubt that you flashed the firmware correctly to 2.77. The symptoms are exactly the ones of the old firmware working under the new 3.x driver.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Internal Clock Problem ff800?

Firmware is up-to-date at version 2.77
Driver is 2.99.92

Is that ok?