Topic: Problem after driver and firmware update

Hi guys,
           I got a small problem after i done my first driver and firmware update. Before the update i was able to have my music programs reason 5 and cubase open at the same time as windows media player. I was using windows media player to audition exports and i had made. The problem is now while my music programs are open no sound will play from windows media player as if my music programs have grabbed all the priority or something. I thought i followed the update instructions to the letter but maybe i screwed up.

I think i might have to set something on windows again but i have no idea what it is. Any help is appreciated my operating system is windows xp service pack 3.

Re: Problem after driver and firmware update

I do not know, but what do you have set up in Control Panel  -> Sounds -> Audio tab. It should be Babyface for recording and Babyface for playback and if using MIDI the Babyface should be set there also. Also there are other tabs about voice and playback, again the Babyface should be set there.

Windows may use that, while in Sonar I set it up to use the Babyface inside of the program. But I think Sonar takes over the sound, so I am not sure if I could use Windows Media player to play anything, unless I have the "Share drivers with other program" checkmarked, which I do not do.

Re: Problem after driver and firmware update

Fully normal, and the UC never worked differently. But it will do soon. Please wait.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME