Topic: How I can play compressed audio streams with babyface?

Hello,

I have tried to play compressed ac3 stream with Adobe audition tool over "Babyface SPDIF/ADAT (1+2)"and it doesn't work for me.

I am using TotalMix FX 0.924. With "Options->Reset Mix->Straight playback" and having external loop back between SPDIF In and Out, I  have bit differences after block of zero samples like fade is turned on. I didn't found how I can turn it off.

Please can someone help me to make baby face working with compressed audio streams. This setup is working properly with RME DIGI96/8 PAD.

Thanks in advance
Farki

Re: How I can play compressed audio streams with babyface?

You must use TM FX 0.93, perform 'Total Reset', then 'Straight Playback', then disable 'TMS' in the Settings dialog.

The BF easily does bit perfect record/playback up to 24 bit, I just checked that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello Mathias,

Your suggestion is helping me for SPDIF play. Now I can hear music from decoder. But receiver still have fade in/out effect. Please can you now help me to setup receiver so I can record bit perfect with babyface.

Thanks
Farki

Our receiver does not have any fade in/out effect. The software that you use for record might have such to avoid clicks...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello Mathias,

After double click on control at bottom of "AS 1/2" hardware input I get dialog "Input value" with Fader Value which can be -65.0 .. 6.0.
Same setup I am using is working with DIGI 96/8 PAD.

Regarding "disable 'TMS' in the Settings dialog" should I disable this in Fireface USB settings dialog? Only there I have found SPDIF In TMS check box.

Is there any way to attach a picture here?

Thanks

The hardware input is not controlled in TotalMix. The recording of SPDIF and ADAT goes straight to your record software. You might have set up a loop/feedback that changes the data.

TMS is in the Fireface USB Settings dialog.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I double checked everything and found issue on my side. Now is working bit-exact.

Thanks for your fast answers