Topic: ff400 on toshiba satellite a660-047 by fire wire express

Hi. Sorry my english are realy bad...

I have a 2x fire face 400 and I try to run on Toshiba laptop satellite A660-047 (intel i5 m450 2.4 ghz 4 gig ddr3 on window 7 whit geforce gt 330m ) by fire wire express card from startech ec13942…. I have no play back (just a glitch sound on the speaker  test and couple of error when I try to play something). win amp, itune and other player find file but play nothing…no sound and no playing file just open it but no reading (no time pass).

i have the driver 3034 and the firmware 1.7…try to use digichech 5.32 but they don’t do anything exept error .

The driver legacies are installed for the express card and I try a couple of tips on the forum but nothing run…

In the device manager audio card I see 4x hi definition device, 1x realtech hi definition and the fire face 400 (I need to disable the other one or uninstall it?)

I see all my input and output in the mixer, the knob on the card interact whit the fader on the screen…the sound from my mic and keys pass and go to my mixer connected on the 3-4 an output but nothing from the pc…just a glitch and error on the rme window.

Could you help me?

Thanks

Dominic

Re: ff400 on toshiba satellite a660-047 by fire wire express

You should see two FF 400 in the Device Manager, without exclamation mark. Please start testing with only one FF 400 first.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias.

only one card...i never connect the second one.

the first run in stand alone and i see the meter in the mixer but windows could not handle it...

i leave the other hi definition and realtech active?

i have no sign ! on the fire face and all is ok on the device manager...

Thanks

Did you try to use the other FF 400? Maybe one is broken.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

yes, i ever try this...

in digicheck if i remove the asio for the hardware they have less lags on the meter...

When you start playback do you see errors counting up in the Settings dialog?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

yes.  when i click or open a web page i ear a beep in the phone.

With errors shown in the settings dialog you simply have a badly working FireWire communication, which causes all kind of trouble. You just have to find out why it is so bad. As you have two units I think we can rule out that they are (both) broken.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

how are your quality standar for the autorize exit for that quind of product?

i realy need help....do you ear about different express card will work beter from the other?

do youy think is a good idea to buy a window for restart my systhem?

Thanks

Dom

may need to disable or uninstall the pther device? 4x hi definition and 1x realtek hi defination?