Topic: Firewire broken, ADAT issues ?

Hi everybody !

For the second time, I' have broken the firewire feature of my Fireface 400, most probalby by plugin the firewire plug in the wrong way at the computer size, but this time the guaranty is end.

So the card is fully functional in the stand alone mode, but no way to get the card reconnized by any computers.

I'm waiting for a response from my distributor about an aproximative cost for the repairs by RME, although they can't really consider the problem without the device.

So can i get my Fireface reconized if linked to another ADAT device which will be pluggeg to the computeur (via firewire or other). It could be a solution to buy a proxy device like this, cheaper than the Fireface repairs.

Thanks for your advices !

PS: Anyone had repaired some Firewire Series device for this kind of trouble ?

Re: Firewire broken, ADAT issues ?

vienin wrote:

For the second time, I' have broken the firewire feature of my Fireface 400, most probalby by plugin the firewire plug in the wrong way at the computer size, but this time the guaranty is end.

Plugging the connection the wrong way is never covered by the warranty...

So can i get my Fireface reconized if linked to another ADAT device which will be pluggeg to the computeur (via firewire or other). It could be a solution to buy a proxy device like this, cheaper than the Fireface repairs.

Only if you have previously configured it for standalone mode as ADAT converter and saved these settings... Otherwise, the unit won't know what you expect it to do....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Argg, I probably didn't set to ADAT converter mode, and all my inputs are mutted in the last settings...

Any idea for the costs of this kind of repairs, in the worse and best cases ?

Thanks

Sorry, this can only be determined at the factory...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Ok thanks.

In the future, what do you think about plug the Fireface in ADAT to a device like a RME Cardbus, to avoid braking the firewire link, only used the card configuration when required ?