Topic: Multiple HDSPe

Hi,

I'm a Live Audio Engineer and am looking at building a professional live recording system. We are looking at purchasing several Soundcraft Vi series consoles as our high end control. Now the situation has arisen as to how we could record from this to just say Logic.

The Soundcraft is equipped with 64ch MADI optical I/O and looking around the RME site the HDSPe cards seem to be the ideal match. We own several high power Mac G5 towers to house the HDSPe cards but the as the mac only has 3 PCI Express slots i'm wondering if this will work. We are looking at recording up to 96 channels live at shows.

Does anyone have any information on if this would work as i hope it would?

Regards

Matt

Re: Multiple HDSPe

It must works considering RME info. It is written that 3 hdspe cards can works together up to 192 channnels (at 44.1/48 khz). I'dont know if Logic can record up to 96 channels...

Nuendo can do it.

On other way there is also the SSL Madi Extrem card that allows 128 IN/OUT madi on a single card.

Hi Matt,

we are running 3 HDSPe cards in one system (WIndoes 7 / Cubase 6) connected to 3 Multiface II. We are using most of the channels available. Our system (Dell Precision T3500) has 4 PCIe slots, one occupied by the graphics card, the rest be the HDSPe's.

All worked with 2 cards, we used to have issues when the 3rd card would be used, but since we switched to the new driver version 3.21 (beta), the system runs stable and at an amazing performance level with 3 cards. We also do live performance and the system runs with 32 samples buffer size at full load without dropouts.

regards, Mikael

2 DAWs, each C 7/64, W7/64, Dell Prec. T5500 (2 x X5690), 2 x rme HDSPe / Multiface II / Octamic II

dhyanmikael, So from your configuration, how many inputs can you record at once ?  with 32 samples of buffer size.

thanks

Depends on your software and your hard drive...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME