1 (edited by Thermaltake 2011-03-11 08:23:33)

Topic: Multiface I Flash

Hello, I bought Multiface 1 with PCMCIA and without PCI card, so I decided to put her in PC and I bought "PCI to PCMCIA" card for PCI slot, now I need to flash her so she can work on my Win 7 64bit, my question is what should I select when flashing carbus or PCI card ? Thanks in advace.

Re: Multiface I Flash

Cardbus, obviously - it's the card you flash, not the MF. Please mind that we cannot guarantee correct firmware update with such an adapter, esp. if this an old flat Cardbus (see readme of the fut).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by Thermaltake 2011-03-11 08:57:19)

Oh thanks for fast answer, I know you cant quarantee I dont know is it old or new I have picture maybe you can tell me.

http://img823.imageshack.us/i/57683788.jpg/

P.S
I flashed my friends multiface, but he has PCI card for her that is different, but It wont be first time that I flash multiface.

Definitely an older card with a certain (yet usually small) risk of the update failing. The adapter may or may not increase this risk.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by Thermaltake 2011-03-11 09:35:20)

Mhm okay, I was thinking can I connect my multiface to my friends original HDSP PCI card and flash it there, would it work later on my PCMCIA card when I plug it?

And again: The MF is not flashed. The PCI/CardBus/ExpressCard is.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by Thermaltake 2011-03-12 17:21:19)

Oh sry I didnt understand in previous post short MF ,Thank you.

8 (edited by Thermaltake 2011-03-12 18:52:59)

Do I have to be on win 7 64 bit when flashing or it doesnt matter?

OT:
Is it communication between MF slower when it`s connected to carbus then with PCI card ?

No, you can also flash with XP or Vista.

Re. OT: No.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you very much.

Regards
Thermal.
wink