Topic: Problem Communication Babyface - Total Mix

Hello,

I´ve got from times to times communication problems with my Babyface and the software. For example it is sometimes impossible to turn off the 48V-Power from my Mic-Channel.
Another Problem ist the use of the jog-wheel for the headphone out. It reduces the volume but a fader on TotalMix is not working. When I reboot my computer everything is again as it should be.

What do you recommend to me?

Send it back and get a new one?

Internal Computer Problems?

Thanks

Re: Problem Communication Babyface - Total Mix

Take care your USB connection is not interrupted (loose contact). I ´ve seen the same problem with the headphone fader after loosing the USB connection for a second, but the latest driver fixed these after effects. Please use the latest driver/firmware and choose Total Reset in Options/Reset Mix.

best regards
Knut

3 (edited by arctic 2011-03-12 11:38:16)

I've also noticed this: turn the encoder wheel does not reflect in the software. Latest drivers. To top it off, I also have had some kernel panics right after this. Sometimes I hate having to use drivers at all.
(This is on a mac pro btw).

I've also noticed this: turn the encoder wheel does not reflect in the software.

What fader should be reflected? Output, phones, preamp gain?

best regards
Knut

5 (edited by arctic 2011-03-12 12:31:02)

Admin Knut wrote:

I've also noticed this: turn the encoder wheel does not reflect in the software.

What fader should be reflected? Output, phones, preamp gain?

best regards
Knut

Problem is that when this occurs it doesn't matter: wheel won't control anything. not output, not headphones. Seems like the wheel and software have a not so good marriage any more. However: it does not happen very often (thank god).
(Important note: wheel does control volume: it's just that the graphics does NOTHING)

Thanks Knut, the new driver did the job so far