Topic: Dim function Main Out

Hi,

In the totalmix, i can change in `settings` the dim level to -50 db
Is there any way to set this level to -infinite?, because with -50 db, I can still hear the sound from my speakers after dimming and
recording using the headphones (i.e. if the volume in the control room matches 0 db)

Thanks for your help

Freek

Re: Dim function Main Out

Why not use Mute then?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It is convienient to use the hardware dim option from the babyface (pushing the rotary encoder), so is it possible or not?

I already asked about this, but never got a response. Should be simple to implement.

freek wrote:

It is convienient to use the hardware dim option from the babyface (pushing the rotary encoder), so is it possible or not?

You did not mention the BF in your post. I'll check if that is possible.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi, did you already found a solution to this issue?

Thanks,

Freek

7 (edited by dunal 2011-06-18 06:25:45)

(Babyface) for DIM purpose:
is it works only for "Phones" (headphones) but doesn't work for "Out" (speaker out) ?
I've tried those
Thanks

DIM always works for the current Main Out.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias...
So at the bottom right of TotalMix FX, I have to "assign" for Speaker out: Assign --> Main Out --> AN 1/2, and Dim works fine via speaker monitor.
And for headphone I shall choose: Assign --> Phones 1 --> PH 3/4 and Dim works fine via headphone.
Thanks for your quick response.

And for headphone I shall choose: Assign --> Phones 1 --> PH 3/4 and Dim works fine via headphone.

DIM works for the headphones: Assign --> Main Out --> PH 3/4

If you want to work DIM on both outputs you can link the faders of Main Out (AN 1/2) and PH 3/4. Both get dimmed with the chosen value.

best regards
Knut

Hi Knut,
Babyface is a great product, and also the support from you guys are really remarkable.
I found how link the fader based on my experience on Cubase, I hit my keyboard "Shift" and holdingdown and click the both faders. I have tried it and it works. Thanks

Not to forget up to four fader groups for long time linking.

best regards
Knut

Yes, thanks a lot Knut smile