Topic: TotalMix not installing...??????

Hi all, I just got my new fireface 400 last week....absolutely amazing interface and a huge step up for me. Just one question, when trying to install TotalMix on windows 7 32 bit from the installer disc, it does not install. Double clicking on the install icon does nothing, except a small icon appears in the bottom right hand corner of the desktop. Right clicking or left clicking this icon does nothing also. Any ideas? Thanks

Re: TotalMix not installing...??????

There is no separate install for TotalMix, the Fireface Mixer is installed as part of the driver. Does Fireface Settings work?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Fireface settings seem to work fine. There is no single driver installation file on the CD, only a folder containing the following;

Fireface
Firefacemix
TotalMix FX

When I first plugged in the unit, Windows automatically installed the drivers from the CD, but there is no .exe file to install it as such

Right, the install is done through Device Manager, it does not require an executable installer. Your unit does not support TotalMix FX, so only the the Fireface Mixer and Fireface Settings are installed.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Sorry I dont get it, what exactly is Total Mix? is it just the fireface mixer window where you can set the levels for the various ins/outs? I had heard so much about the flexibility of the TotalMix software....is that all I can expect? I am very surprised that running at nearly 800euro for the FF400 it does not support the TotalMix FX....is this planned?

Analogger wrote:

Sorry I dont get it, what exactly is Total Mix? is it just the fireface mixer window where you can set the levels for the various ins/outs? I had heard so much about the flexibility of the TotalMix software....is that all I can expect?

Yes, among other things. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=splW9OtTBYw

I am very surprised that running at nearly 800euro for the FF400 it does not support the TotalMix FX....is this planned?

It's not possible, only new products going forward (including Babyface and Fireface UFX) have the internal hardware necessary to suport this new TotalMix version.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hello,

I've a similar issue to Analogger. Total mix cannot open a "new totalmix window".

The TotalMix grey icon is well in windows notification zone but when I select "new totalmix window".

I've in windows type:
* Mixer View
* Matrix View

The "initial device" list is empty. It might be the problem ?

Then clicking Ok on "mixer view", nothing happens.

Of course my device is well running and playing...

Configuration:

* Windows Vista Pro (fully updated)
* RME Fireface 800
* Driver version : 3.034
* Hardware Revision : 2.77

Any help appreciated,
thank you.

The grey symbol is TotalMix FX which is not for the Fireface 800. Use the TotalMix icon instead.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ohh ok TotalMix = FirexFace Mixer. I thought it was another tool. !
Thanks and sorry for confusion.

10 (edited by Subvocal 2012-06-20 05:23:49)

Hi, Im running MBP 2.53 10.6.8 with Mainstage and FireFace800 (driver V 2.91) Cant get a total mix window to come up either. its installed but doesn't seem to work.
Grateful for any help.
Thank you

We know. We've always known. We will always know.

Same as above. Fireface Mixer is used for older devices (FF400, FF800), TotalMix FX is for newer devices (UFX, UCX).

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Got it now, thank you

We know. We've always known. We will always know.