Topic: Fireface UC connect with Lynx Aurora through AES

Hi:

I'm trying to use these two units together. I have no problem routing the digital audio out the Fireface Aes to the Lynx, but can't seem to get digital audio in from the Lynx. The Aurora seems to be registering a digital out, but nothing shows up on my computer through the Fireface. I'm using the Fireface as the master and have tried locking the units both from the word clock out on the Fireface and through the AES (coaxal); neither works. I have the Aurora set so that the preamp (analog in) goes to the digital out. I'm not sure what to do. The Aurora actually registers that it is syncing with the Fireface, but I get no indication from the Fireface that it's doing the same. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Fireface UC connect with Lynx Aurora through AES

Do a loopback test of the UC - coax cable from out to in. If that is seen as SYNC in the settings dialog, then the cable connection from the Aurora to the UC is broken.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, Matthias.

Great idea, it actually gave me the ability to perform a similar test on the Aurora. The results: each unit has no problem syncing with itself and the cords all work well. I was able to send digital audio out from the Aurora back into itself. Unfortunately, I still can't get the digital audio into the Fireface from the Aurora. As I said before, the digital out from the Fireface works without issue, I just can't seem to get it in. I've tried countless settings on both units without any luck. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

With the Aurora you use XLR to XLR (or D-sub to D-sub). To the UC you use an adapter cable to RCA. The error will be there.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME