Topic: Fireface 800 in Waves Rack

Hello There...
I am trying to connect 3 FF800 to an IMAC  I7 Quad and so far it is not working... Cable goes from Imac to unit 1 800 port . 2 cable from u 1 second 800 port to 3 unit 800 port.  The 3 units are aggregated as One unit.
There is only 1 800 port on the Imac so i guess it could be a bus overload problem ?

Next i am trying to connect the 2 and 3 unit via ADAT ports but i am not sure about the Totalmix and Matrix settings .

Anyone out there who might help ?

The end result should be 24 inserts on 24 analog  channels via Waves Rack and yes the mixer is analog and the idea was to have 96 khz/24 bit res  but by going to ADAT that is not an option anymore...

The theatre were i am the Head of sound  are the proud owners of 7 Fireface 800 and 1 Fireface 400 but it is the first time i am trying to connect 3 together.

Best Regards

Rudi

Re: Fireface 800 in Waves Rack

What exactly is not working?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

You synced the units correctly (word, ADAT, SPDIF or else)? FW does not include sync...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

In " Aggregate devices" i have set the 1 unit to Clock and in Fireface settings of the 1 unit i have set clock mode to master.  A bnc cable goes from u 1  Word clock out to 2 unit in and from 2 unit to 3 unit. Unit 2 and 3 are set to Word clock and are in Sync. WC Led on unit 2 and 3 are also lit.
After a while digital distortion sets in. I dont know were to get external sync to the 1 unit though...

Best regards
Rudi

Unit 1 can be master. When the distortion kicks in, does the sync display change?
Have you tried connecting only two units to FW and one via ADAT?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

The sync display does not seem to change or show an error count.  I did try to connect the second unit via ADAT and that seems to work but i am a little lost in how to configure the Total mixer and Matrix when hooking up 3 units though  (screen shots very welcome...)
Regards
Rudi

PS will RME be at Frankfurt messe ?