1 (edited by Nahuel 2011-03-16 09:25:20)

Topic: RayDat spdif

Hi,

I have issues with my RayDat spdif I/O... I need to connect my Roland Fantom G6 tru spdif to my RayDat, it was kind of dificult at first but I managed to get it working by randomely clicking alomost everything in the dialog box and it ended syncronizing (that was yesterday)... today I fire both my computer and Fantom but spdif is not longer in sync nor locked in the DSP dialog box and I get no incomming signal from the Fantom... but I get signal from the raydat in the Fantom (via sampling option, digital in)...How come it worked yesterday with the same exact connections and it's not working this morning... I expect an answer this time. btw it's not the cable, the cable works fine.

Re: RayDat spdif

If there is no incoming signal, this is more likely an issue of the external device...

It is somewhat difficult to help if you try to solve problems by randomly clicking options, without knowing or understanding what the do and without providing details.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1018

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by Nahuel 2011-03-16 10:08:19)

Right, it is NOT an external device issue, why: because I tested my Roland Fantom G6 spdif output by connecting it into my Sony DAT spdif input and it works flawlessly.

So yes the Fantom is feeding proper spdif signal at 44.1 kHz, yes the cable is tested and aproved... also the Fantom is able to receive audio via spdif from the Raydat...

It might be strange to randomely click option but this far it's the only thing that worked, I remember clicking the "clock mode" option switching from auto sync to master and it producer some glitches and pops but finally the spdif was "locked"... I was also plugging and unplugging spdif connector...

While typing this message I was also reproducing what I'm talking about: pluging into my DAT to make sure the fantom outputs audio, pluging into the Raydat to see what happend and guess what? now it works.... I beleive I has to do with the plugging/unplugging... could the break out cable be damaged? if so how to make sure?

Please check the manual. "Lock" is not sufficient, you want "Sync", so try the Autosync setting.

Have you tried connecting the DAT to the Raydat? It could well be the cable. Does the connection drop when you move it?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by Nahuel 2011-03-17 07:03:25)

Actualy the spdif input status is blinking between "sync" and "lock", I have no issues with adat connectors, I've been using adat since I bought this card and it always worked flawlessly, the fantom does not have optical connectors.

Yes I always use "Auro sync" since "master" always produce glitches and pops.

As I told you the cinch cable is not damaged, I tested it with several devices, it works.

I tried touching the breakout cable and now I'm sure it comes from it: while moving it the audio drops... so yea it's the breakout cable...I guess I have to buy another one...

Ok thanks.

wow your breakout cable is designed to make sure it's almost impossible to repair...