1 (edited by Ivo 2011-03-18 09:53:39)

Topic: AES-32 does not work in i7/Intel DH67CL MB - frustrating

I wanted to upgrade my computer to the latest i7 Processor with Intel DH67 CL motherboard.  Windows 7 Professional 64bit. Brand new computer and clean installation. I am using AES-32 card. It turned to the frustrating nightmare with the result of returning to the old computer and many hours wasted.

The results in nutshell are:

If put in the first two PCI slots, computer collapses with a beep before starting the system

If put in the third slot, it is not recognised by the system. If the drivers are installed, the system refuses to use them for the card. Very strange is that if the driver is kept installed and the card is removed, "blue death" happens when starting Windows 7.

After all possible tweaks and trying many possibilities and variations, it is hopeless

I have the latest drivers and firmware installed - but they are actually one year old, so the question is if they are compatible with the current HW/SW.

Any other PCI card (sound card, graphics, network card etc.) works without any problem in this computer.

The PCI version is 2.3 while AES-32 has 2.1

We did this again today with a professional computer technician, using all possible tweaks and workarounds - the same results

Would there be any solution, or simply AES-32 card will not work with the new mentioned processor and hardware ? (which would be quite disappointing). Is it working for someone else in a similar configuration ? Would another motherboard with the same chipset (Asus etc.) be more suitable ? Would it be useful if RME updates there drivers and firmware to work with the latest devices ?

Thank you for any advice, comment and suggestion

Ivo

www.velvetmastering.com

Re: AES-32 does not work in i7/Intel DH67CL MB - frustrating

We have no influence on such an incompatibilty via our firmware, sorry. Other motherboards with the same chipset have a different PCB layout and a different BIOS and might work better.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Could you please suggest at least one motherboard with this chipset that already successfully works with AES-32 ? Thank you

We did not test this one, so I have no information.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

So at least your similar PCI card that at least once worked with a motherboard with this chipset ?

Hi Ivo,

this board is brand new, the chipsets are brand new (and delivery was delayed by the recent bug). We can and do not specifically test all new boards on the market for compatibility.
You have two options to be able to work with the new system quickly. Try to find a new mainboard or exchange the AES-32 for the PCIe version and keep the old card in the previous computer as secondary or backup machine.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

i do know they will work with the H67 chipset. (well at least 1 PCI and 1 PCIe Madi) is what i think we tried it with.. would have to check with Chris.
we had a H67 board with all slots filled (UADs) as well as the 2 RME cards.
it was not however that board.

Scott
ADK