1 (edited by Kaoutchou 2011-03-25 12:43:34)

Topic: Multiface II sync problem

I am trying use a Waves MaxxBCL with SPDIF connection and I frequently get sync problems; let say every 30 seconds. The SPDIF light flashes and, in the software interface, the status goes from "Lock" to "Sync" and then goes back to "Lock".

The Multiface 2 is the master, working at 88.2Khz.

I tried to use a Wordclock (direct connection, ie no T connector as the BCL can terminate the chain) instead of on-board SPDIF clock with the same results. BTW the WC light doesn't light up, I don't know if it's normal in Master mode.

The BCL is a very high end unit so it shouldn't be a problem....

Any suggestion is welcome!

Thanks

Windows 7
PCI express card
Multiface 2
Drivers 3.08.5
Hardware revision 17

Re: Multiface II sync problem

What is the scenario when this loss of sync happens?  Could it be Windows Sounds trying to play at a lower sample rate are causing the change?  That's a fairly common culprit for mysteriously changing samplerates.  If the MF is the system master - this could be the issue.  Try disabling system sounds.

FYI - The MF-II's "WC" light is for WC INPUT STATE - not output state.

With the new/beta driver - I'm not sure if you'd have the same issue - but I do believe you can "lock" the WC Out to a certain speed - but then you might end up with static if the SPDIF samplerate actually changes.

Try the Windows Sounds thing first, and report back...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

I have the same problem with Multiface II and Tango 24, although I can't get them to sync at all.

Windows 7, Intel i7, 4.00 Ghz, 16G RAM, Multiface, HDSPe

4 (edited by Kaoutchou 2011-03-31 17:31:03)

Hi,
I'm just playing my track on Cubase 4 when things periodically go wrong. It's quite an heavy track in terms of I/O (every RME's IN and OUT are solicited) but not in terms of CPU.
There nothing related to windows sound, that's for sure.
I've tried at 44.1 Khz with no better results.
Regards

I successfully synced my BCL in another studio so it's definitely about the multiface.

Can those problems be explained by a computer issue?

Is there anything I can do?

thanks