Topic: UFX: midi out2 not working, midi in 1&2 not working

please help!

"State" lights on my UFX show activity for all midi ins and outs.

midi out 1 sends Sync perfectly,  but midi out2 sends no sync.

ALSO

In Ableton Live (and Logic and Maschine) I show no midi input activity (all ports are activated and in Live I have "track" activated for midi in port 1 and port2 and "sync" activated for midi out port 1 and port 2). Track setups are correct (monitor set to "in", etc).

Re: UFX: midi out2 not working, midi in 1&2 not working

You see the activity LED of input 1 working as soon as you send in MIDI into MIDI1 In? Then it is a configuration problem in the software that you use.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks.   I'm very familiar with the software I use, and I've tried everything,  can't imagine what else to do.

More importantly, it makes no sense why the midi2 out sync would not be working when all settings are identical in my software between midi out1 and midi out2, using the same cable.

MIDI Out 2 might be broken, and there is no way to check/repair that than sending it in for service. That's why I asked you specifically about input 1: You see the activity LED of input 1 working as soon as you send in MIDI into MIDI1 In?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes that is correct, LED is active as soon as I send Midi in to midi1 in.

This will be my second faulty unit.  Guess I'm having bad luck.

So Sweetwater was kind enough to try to help me with this (RME tech support still hasn't returned my email from Monday - they must be super-busy).

To whom it may concern,  Midi Port2 out   seems to be sending something  weird that locks up my Virus Ti2 and causes strange behaviour on my Triton Extreme,  and sends no sync.  Midi Port1 out works fine and causes no strange behaviour on my keyboards.

Midi in ports 1 and 2 do not work at all.  For sure a defective unit.

Sorry for the trouble... Please contact SW or Synthax US for a speedy repair.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME