1 (edited by Charlie 2011-03-30 03:49:13)

Topic: BabyFace Latency buffer and NI Maschine

Hi,

I'm really happy with my babyface, but i have one problem :
Why and can't adress more than 1152 samples for the latency buffer in the audio/midi setting window of the Maschine Standalone ? The fader is blocking in the middle of his range.
No problem with the built-in sound card of the MBP, i can go to 2048 samples, fader full on the right.

- MacBook Pro 13", C2D@2.26 Ghz, 4Go DDR3, OSX 10.6.7.
- Maschine 1.6.2 (R6860)
- Babyface lastest Driver and Firmware.

thanks in advance

Charlie

Re: BabyFace Latency buffer and NI Maschine

Clean reinstall of the babyface driver, nothing change.
Same problem with all Native Ins. standalone.

In Plogue Bidule, in can go to 4096 samples with the babyface .... weird

3 (edited by Charlie 2011-03-31 17:29:04)

Daily Bump,

Tried to used babyface soundcard with Reaper at 4096 samples, no problem.
I 'm the only one babyface user with that issue ?
This things happen with all the Native Instruments Standalone on my system and only with the Babyface Driver,

How i can contact the RME support ? (maybe it's only an user forum here ....)

Help me please

If other plugins and software work, it doesn't seem to be a BF issue... I'm afraid I don't have access to Maschine (and my Mac is in repair), so I can't really reproduce it, I'm afraid. Have you contacted NI?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

The highest buffer size is determined automatically from Core Audio based on the internal buffer memory of the soundcard. For the BF Logic will not allow to use more than 1024 samples, so Maschine is correct as well. If Plogue Bidule can go to 4096 then it either doesn't use that buffer (wrong display), or has an additional buffer apart from the Core Audio one.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by Charlie 2011-03-31 20:26:39)

Hi,

Daniels, Matthias, thanks for your reply,

Yes, i have contacted NI about that problem last week, 2 tickets send on their support, still waiting their reply.
On my system, it's not only on the Maschine Standalone, it's on all the NI standalone, can't go to more than 1152 samples with the babyface.
This is a screenshot of the audio/midi setting windows
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum … 1301082442

What is weird is that the fader of the latency buffer is blocking on the middle of his range, it's the first time i see that in Maschine.
I have the babyface since one month, and i didn't experience that issue at the begining, i could set the buffer of the babyface in the position "fader full on right", can't remember exactly how many samples i have but i thinks it's something like 4096 samples.

On more thing, i deleted i reinstall the BF driver, so according to the manuel i deleted this list and reinstall the lastest driver :

/Applications/Fireface USB Mixer
/Applications/Fireface USB Settings
/System/Library/Extensions/FirefaceUSB.kext
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Fireface USB folder
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/de.rme-audio.FirefaceUSBMixer.plist
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/de.rme-audio.TotalmixFX.plist
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/de.rme-audio.Fireface_USB_Settings.plist
/Library/LaunchAgents/de.rme-audio.firefaceUSBAgent.plist

But i can't find the file "de.rme-audio.FirefaceUSBMixer.plist" and  the "Fireface USB folder" in that path /Users/username/Library/Preferences/  (but i have a RME TotalMix Folder), i don't know if that missing files would be related to my issue.

Thanks again for your help i really appreciate wink

Hi,

I'd install today the USB driver update 1.52 and the flash update v 2.43 (find here on the USB series forum), and now and can go to 1536 samples max when i set my buffer size.
I first update the USB driver, my system tell me to reboot my MBP.
When my computer reboot, i did not unplugged the babyface during the reboot, before that MAC osX launch, the computer crash, telling me to use the On/Off button off my MPB.
i try to reboot the computer without the Babyface plug, and the OS launch, after that i plug the Babyface without problem and update the firmware of the unit.
Now i can go to 1536 samples in all my music software with the babyface

This thing seems to be a driver issue.

Any advice.

Thanks

In 1.52 we changed the whole buffer design and handling, that's why you now see 1536 samples.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry to revive an old topic but my issue is related with this one...

I have a UCX with latest drivers and firmware, running in USB with an iMac with latest Mountain Lion version.

Everything works fine and is very stable but I wanted to use larger buffer sizes than 1536 in Reaper. Currently, even if I request 2048 in Reaper it always stays at 1536.

Is this the way it is or there's any way to have larger buffer sizes in Reaper/Mac?

Please list all version numbers exactly. Have you also contacted Reaper support?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

Please list all version numbers exactly. Have you also contacted Reaper support?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel,

No I have not contacted Reaper yet, but i'll ask in the Reaper forum and support about this also.

I'm running a iMac 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Mac OS 10.8.2

Fireface UCX drivers is v1.78 and Firmware v42. Running in USB.

Thanks for the fast answer!

Just had a user report saying he can get his Fireface 400 to run at 4000 samples in Reaper (same version and also on Mac OS), so I'm guessing this is indeed a RME UCX issue and not a Reaper issue.

Can this be because I'm running the UCX in USB instead of FW?

Any update on this? Should I open a new thread about this issue?

Thanks