Topic: Fireface UFX and WIndows 7 problems.

Hey,

So I have scoured the internet and these forums to find solutions to my problems. I found half answers here and there but nothing that has completely nailed on the head my specific problems or fixes to them. So, being tired and just wanting to get back to work instead of continuously troubleshooting I'm wondering if someone can help me.

3 problems.

1. Since installing the Fireface UFX using both Firewire and USB when I load Pro Tools it tells me that the ASIO driver can not initialize and then crashes???? using cubase works fine, what do I do?

2. While using USB inside of Cubase audio performs perfectly, but outside of it, using windows media player I start to get clicks and pops. This does not happen when using firewire.

3. While using Cubase, every now and then for a minute or two the entire system slows down. Audio still comes out and goes in without problems, but visually everything slows down to a halt and I have to stop everything and just let the system readjust. To be specific, everything on my monitor stops and starts to stutter, I can't open new windows, or adjust plugin parameters without having to wait to see the change. When I stop audio playback and wait about a minute, it seems to go back to normal and I can start working again. This happens every 5-10 minutes... so it becomes really annoying.

A little bit about my system: Win 7 64, 8Gigs DDR2 ram, Intel Q9450 2.66 Quad Core cpu, and I bought the UFX as an upgrade from an M-audio Profire 2626 which was running perfectly on my system. Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Thanks!

Sean

Re: Fireface UFX and WIndows 7 problems.

Ok, So I believe I solved the Protools Issue somewhat. I updated protools to 9.02 and it now loads into protools, and the Fireface is visible. But In the buffer settings selection box it only gives me what ever the current Buffer setting of the Fireface is set to and will not let me change buffer sizes without it cause protools to lose sync with the fireface and need to be restarted to work at the new Buffer size.

Is this normal? how can I get back to changing buffer size inside the software, it is really annoying not to be able to do that.

Thanks