1 (edited by aptmusic9 2011-04-07 03:49:29)

Topic: Question for RME about HDSPe AIO

Hi,

I noticed that the HDSP 9632 has the "zero cpu load" feature, but it seems to be omitted from the feature list on the HDSPe AIO. Does the HDSPe AIO have this feature, or does the HDSPe AIO require more CPU than the HDSP 9632?

Just to give you background, I currently own an M-audio 2496. I'm curious whether an RME interface such as the HDSPe AIO would be a significant upgrade in terms of CPU performance, latency, and the quality of the clock, jitter etc.

Re: Question for RME about HDSPe AIO

anyone?

C'mon guys this is a good question. Why would you omit the "zero cpu load" feature on the HDSPe AIO?

The zero CPU load feature has been omitted in the entire range of products. The current drivers work differently, adapted to the modern hardware (motherboards/chipsets/CPU) for optimized performance. But the CPU load that they eat up is very low and therefore irrelevant. You will not be able to measure the 'CPU load' caused by the driver alone. You can only measure basic system loads caused by the system's drivers (Core Audio, WDM, USB, FW) and unavoidable hardware interaction (interrupts...) in combination with the card's driver.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME