Topic: Trouble with Fireface 400 after upgrade

Hey all

So I've been using Fireface 400 for a long time and been very pleased with it, until I decided to upgrade my computer hardware. I installed the drivers, switched the right legacy firewire driver in windows 7 x64, but for some reason I cannot get a sound on it. I dont see any visible issues with the card anywhere and it shows like all is normal.

But when I try to play something in either Ableton Live or Flstudio 10, there is absolutely no sound and the track marker doesnt even want to move when supposed to be playing.

Any ideas? Im at a complete loss here sad

Re: Trouble with Fireface 400 after upgrade

Install Service Pack 1 and forget about the legacy driver.

Do you get any readings in Totalmix?

Nothing at all.

Also seems my Analog 1+2 has disappeared from my playback devices

What chipset is the FireWire port using? Did you try to uninstall everything and do a clean driver installation again?

Did you notice that the current v3 driver needs a firmware update?

Using a TI chipset, and tried clean re install a couple of times now, including firmware upgrade.

What does Settings say? Any strange Sample-rate displayed? Does changing the sr or buffer size do anything? Analog 1&2 in Windows 7's sound setting are called "Fireface 400 Speakers" if I remember right (not at computer).

Ahh okay, then analog 1+2 arent gone.

Tried to make changes to the settings, but it didnt help anything sad

That your Track markers don't move point to driver troubles. Did you try to input some sound (mic, gut, whatever) and see if Totalmix sees the input sound?

Does Midi work?

No red host light?

Did you only change to w7 or change the hardware, too?