Topic: Dead Fireface 800

I've got a Fireface 800 that has worked flawlessly since I purchased it. The unit always powered on and never turned off in my home studio. I have it connected to a Mac Mini and I loop through a Firewire hard drive and the FW 800 is at the end of the chain. Tonight I had to cycle power on the FW 800. When I did the first time, a got a low buzzing noise and then nothing, no sound no power, no lights. What's strange is that it showed up as an available device in System Prefs and in Logic even though it was not working. I restarted my Mini for the first time in at least a month and now the FW 800 is completely dead. Checked all cables and nothing. Am hoping there's a fuse or something I've missed. Use this box daily and can't afford to be without it.

Thanks

Re: Dead Fireface 800

Anybody?

Sorry, sounds like it needs service.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

OK. Nothing I can test or try to do on my end?

If it needs service, what's involved and where? Do I have to ship it off? Turn around time? Cost?

Thanks

If no LEDs light up, there is nothing else to be done.

Depends where you are located, you can find your local distributor/support here:
http://www.rme-audio.de/en_support.php

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I'm in California so looks like it goes to you.

Indeed, send me an email with the serial number and your return address & phone number.

<- You can click the Email link here.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.