Topic: 4 MADI cards

Trying to use 4 cards in a single machine, 2 HDSP and 2HDPSe... ADK computer running windows XP SP2 and Cubase 4.
Just downloaded and updated the new 3.085 drivers and I cannot get the machine to see all 4 cards..It will only see any 3 of them. I have to try installing them one at a time.
Does the Rev number of the cards matter? not sure what mine are.

Re: 4 MADI cards

This might be a limitation of your computer, as long as you are talking about the cards being seen in the Settings dialog (4 tabs). XP does not support so many (WDM/MIDI) channels, and even Cubase is limited to around 200 channels AFAIR. You could try to limit the WDM devices to 2 for every card that you install.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

i thought 3 madi was the max no?

Get a spanky board and you can use 9. If you dare and believe in wonders. But the driver and TM do it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

hmmm now i have to try it... been getting several calls lately with people wanting more than 96 @ 96k (new DigiCo systems)
Chris has been insisting 3 was the max.

We actually think that we may have a bad HDSPe card.. We get no LED on the back of the card in either PCIe slot.. I am interested about the WDM properties? What are the advantage or limitations of this.. Should each card be set at 1 wdm or 2? what would the difference be?

No LED without input signal? Try only that card. If not detected - card defective.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The card does pass audio but no or very dim LED. Havent tried it by itself yet.. PCIe slot is good...
Thanks,
Ben

Mattias,
Can you give a little info about how the WDM devides will affect system performance?
Ben

They do not affect performance, they do affect the number of MIDI ports available (none left) and the confusion amongst the cards caused by XPs limited number of WDM channels.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME