Topic: Internal wiring Traktor through Ableton Live, with Fireface 800 mixer

I want to wire the sound from Traktor Scratch Pro through Ableton Live and into my mixer without having to physically wire output 1&2 to inp. 1&2 etc.

Somehow my brain is telling me that this is possible, and me being the rookie I am cannot make sense of the FF mixer (yet, but I'm getting there).

I'm doing this because I would like to use my Ableton Live effects as well. And I've already got it synced which is working very well.

This subject is becoming to much for my brain. Seriously, I have reached the point where I cannot think straight. You know how it is.

P.S.
The question is, of course; Is it possible?

Re: Internal wiring Traktor through Ableton Live, with Fireface 800 mixer

I am not sure what Traktor Scratch Pro is, but I assume it's a piece of hardware. So you have this device, an external mixer and an FF800, right? If I was you, I would use the FF800 as the only mixer and not use an external one.

There's probably a good reason for requiring an external mixer though. In that case, I can't imagine any way you can do what you're looking for without cabling output from Traktor Scratch Pro to the FF800 where Ableton Live would process it. Then output from the FF800 to your external mixer for the processed Ableton Live output.

Hi 2Many,
I use Soundflower (Mac only) to "wire" Traktor and Live.
May work 4 U - http://cycling74.com/products/soundflower

Search this forum (and the manual) for "loopback".

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.