1 (edited by Har 2011-05-02 01:14:39)

Topic: "Real-time" CPU and underruns

I just got a Babyface and I've been testing the performance just to make sure there's nothing wrong with my system. When trying different latency settings under stress tests, I noticed 3 things:

1) Crackling starts happening well before 100% asio usage, depending on the specific plugins and conditions (usually it's at around 70%, sometimes lower with really heavy polyphony).
2) Going from 48 samples to 512 samples only reduces asio CPU usage by about 10%.
3) When using DIGICheck's bit statistics, output from my DAWs has a red asterisk for the valid bit (alternating but distorted?). Every other bit is green.

Are these normal observations or could there be something wrong with my system? I just want to know what I should expect out of this unit and if there's anything I can do to fix anything wrong. For reference I'm using an ICH10 usb chip, Core i7 920 cpu, no problems with DPC spikes, the device manager says the Babyface is reserving 16% bandwidth, and no devices (other than my mouse possibly) sharing the USB controller.

[edit] And W7 64-bit.