Topic: Is impedance messing with me?

Hy dear RME users,
I want to use my Boss Compressor guitar pedal on some drums in Logic but it doesn't work.
I have made the following setup but I don't get a clean signal at the end of the chain and would like it if someone would enlighten me.
I have connected the RME FF800 mic in to a passive DI mic out (the signal is going from RME out through the mic "input") and I have connected the DI input to the Boss Compressor Input. I have connected the Boss Compressor output to RME FF800 Speaker Emulation input. In Logic I have set a new track to listen to the input 1 (in the RME settings I have selected the input 1 to be front)
I have done this using a passive DI so I would lower the line level to instrument level expected from a guitar pedal and I have connected it then to speaker emulation input since that input is expecting a instrument level signal.
What am i doing wrong?
As I was writing this it occurred to me that maybe i shouldn't have sent the line level signal through the mic input, maybe i should have done it via a line level output.....
Anyway, please suggest a way around,
thanks!

Re: Is impedance messing with me?

Are you serious?  You're connecting one input on the FF800 to another input?   How are you arranging to send a signal OUT of a mic INPUT?  TotalMix is very flexible, but that's a little beyond it!

It's quite likely that you can arange a send>return loop in Logic, routed to send from a FF800 Line Out, return on Input 1.  A "backwards" DI box would be worth trying to match Line Out to the guitar pedal.   You're not going to get hi-fi, but I don't think that's what this exercise is about!

But don't try to use Inputs as Outputs, or Outputs as Inputs.   I think it's still illegal in certain states, even between married couples!

Re: Is impedance messing with me?

heh...I'm embarrassed now.... smile
anyway, thanks for the reply, I appreciate it
Cheers!