Topic: Dell Vostro BSOD solved

Hi,

I recently purchased a fireface 800 finding that I had some issues with it BSOD, clicks, pops and stuttering audio. Any way I found out that the 02 micro chip that controls both the card reader and the firewire does work with the fireface with xp but is untested with windows 7 and vista but could work, please try and report back with your findings.The wireless card although it can be disabled in device manager and reduces the dpc still causes problems e.g. bsod and stuttering audio. I don't know the reason why it does this but I've found a solution. I haven't found specifically what causes the problems but as I will be mixing some things soon I will make it more concise.

First update the bios to a15 Here

Then start windows up and go to device manager and disable the following.
-Microsoft ac adapter
- Microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery
-Optiarc DVD]
-All network adapters
-realtek high definition audio
Then go to the RUN application and type msconfig, click the startup tab. Now pay attention to where the command is located and what it is. You may have other hardware connected which has software running like a usb/midi keyboard or a control interface. Un-checking these boxes won't prevent you for using these services/processes. Windows keeps these programs running for a couple of reasons
Disable automatic updates for google, itunes, and DivX I don't think anyone would want those using resources so un-check those you don't need them as such.
- Programs like adobe (adobe arm, reader_sl) and quick time (qttask) run in the background so they are integrated into web browsers and such, disabling these again will free up some ram and they will still work, windows will just need to start the service when you need it.
-WLTRAY disable it this is the wireless connection utility in the system tray and will periodically refresh to try and find new networks.
-RTHDCPL sound effects manager don't need it.
-igfxtray this is the system tray utility for the intel graphics you don't need this either it's only for quick access. Also igfxpers again windows can handle controlling graphics without this.

Firefaces are clearly marked also don't disable ctfmon

On the Services tab locate Dell wireless WLAN tray service

Seeing as your not using any internet or networking click on the services tab and disable these (Optional - don't do these if you intend to use the internet when not using the fireface)
-Application layer Gateway service or ALG
-Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)
-DHCP client
-dns client
-Error reporting service
-network connections
-Network Location awareness NLA
-ipsec
-Windows firewall/internet connection sharing
-Webclient
-Automatic updates
-http ssl
-Network Access Protection Agent
-all remote access and remote desktop
- Telephony
-wireless zero configuration
-network provisioning service
There are others that you may not need to like these -
Fast user switching compatibility (if your only have one user account)
help and support

Now click apply and then ok you will be asked to restart the computer. On restart open the Bios by pressing F2 and then go to advanced and disable everything except No-Execute mode,express card slot & ieee 1943 and usb outside port and leave Sata mode as it is. Press F10 to save and exit.

Then your done.
If you want to use the internet again enter the bios and enable WLAN Control then once windows has started use RUN and type WLTRAY and press enter, then enable dell wireless card in device manager