Topic: Strange Fireface UFX problem

Some times, when I turn device on, I can’t play any sound from my computer or any other analog/digital input (master out is showing signal, but no sound is coming from analog output to the speakers). After some time (less than 1min) it starts showing peaks (in integrated screen and TotalMix), coming from all analog inputs, and if master out channel (in my case analog 1/2) is not muted (-? < * < -40;-50) , my sound system starts very loud popping and cracking (in TotalMix Matrix all analog inputs are muted to output analog 1/2). No analog inputs/outputs are connected to the Fireface UFX, except output Analog 1/2. Analog input peaks and output popping and cracking continues about 10s, and then suddenly stops. After that, Fireface UFX is working fine, until next powering on. This event is not regular. Some times Fireface UFX is working fine about 3-5 days without any problem. I am sending you screenshot with TotalMix showing input signal coming in with no actually connected inputs (I slipped to take screenshot when peaks were shown).
    This event is happening also when Fireface is not connected to the computer.

Fireface UFX Firmware: 3.36

Re: Strange Fireface UFX problem

Sorry, but it seems the unit is not working correctly and needs to be repaired/replaced. Please contact your dealer.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME