Topic: Help!!! I'm at a loss for words.....

Ok, first I'm gonna fill you guys in on my setup and then I'll tell ya what kind of problems I'm having.

Mac Pro 2008 8 core 8 gb ram
Snow Leopard 10.6.3
Pro Tools 9
SSL Alpha Link AX
RME Digiface and HSDP card

Heres the deal, I have hooked everything up properly (I've checked a billion times), I can pass audio through the Alpha Link into Pro Tools 9.  Pro Tools recognizes the Alpha Link and sees 24 I/O.  However, I cannot pass ANY audio from Pro Tools back through the SSL for monitoring and using my patchbay for external effects.  When I try to route it nothing happens.  For the moment I am monitoring through the line out on the front of the Digiface. 

I have also noticed a strange high pitched noise coming through Pro Tools when record enabled.  Its faint but its there.  I've tried everything and I'm at a loss.

help

please

Re: Help!!! I'm at a loss for words.....

Make sure SPDIF out has nothing checked in HDSP settings, and ADAT in is patched to analog out on the AlphaLink.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Help!!! I'm at a loss for words.....

I appreciate the speedy reply.  I came to the studio, checked both suggestions, no luck.  Any other thoughts or suggestions?  I'm starting to think that theres either something wrong with my SSL converters or like another member posted, it may have something to do with my video card.  IDK?

pretty frustrating tho