1 (edited by jan211984 2011-05-30 18:13:52)

Topic: my UFX knobs are not working

Hi guys,

I am a new UFX user.
My problem is that my front panel knobs did not work properly.
I mean, when I push three of them (volume, "1" and "2" encoders), the menu changes,
so the "push" function of the knobs are fine.
but when I try to turn the knobs to adjust the levels or other values (mic gain, FX...etc), nothing happens,
the "turn" function are dead, all three of them.
It happens with or without the firewire/usb cable connected, and I got latest firmware.
Tried to power off and on many times, but still not working.

Everything works great in TotalMix, but I can not control my UFX through front panel knobs,
it means that I can not use UFX in stand-alonemode

Is that my UFX broken or just I missed something?

Thanks,

-Noah

Re: my UFX knobs are not working

DId you notice the numbers 1 and 2 on the right side of the screen? These tell you which knob to turn to control the function.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

DId you notice the numbers 1 and 2 on the right side of the screen? These tell you which knob to turn to control the function.

Sure, but seems those three rotary knobs (VOLUME, "1" and "2") are defective...
I can only "push" them to switch menus, but can not change any values by turning them.
I am going to send it back for refund, bought it in mid May....that's sad.

-Noah

Why refund? You could ask the retailer to exchange the unit or have it repaired.... Even if one unit were defective, that does not mean they all are...

Haven't heard of knobs not working when turned, though...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by jan211984 2011-05-31 18:12:45)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on8gBfVNsis

a video clip shows that my UFX knobs not working

RME Support wrote:

Why refund? You could ask the retailer to exchange the unit or have it repaired.... Even if one unit were defective, that does not mean they all are...

Haven't heard of knobs not working when turned, though...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

It's a little bit complicated.. I asked my friend helped me to buy this UFX in the US for me and bring it back to my country (Taiwan),
and the knobs are not working now, so I am thinking send it back to the store in the US and get refund, pay only one time international  shipping fee.
If I choose to exchange or repair it, I have to paid two times for international shipping fee,
shipping internationally costs a lot..

UFX costs much more in my country than in the US, so I am thinking of buying other brands which price is more reasonable here.