Topic: Help with RME UFX

Hi all, I'm new to working with large multi-channel routing AI, so forgive my newbishness.  I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get the phones to work.  I have set the phones both on the device itself (pressing volume twice to get to channel and raise it) as well as through the software (raising the level through the phones 1 channel in the control room submix in the lower right).  I thought that this was all that was needd to be done after plugging in the headphones, but I"m getting no output.

Just for information, I'm using cubase 6 on a pc with win7.

Thank you all in advance for your aid.

Re: Help with RME UFX

I thought that this was all that was needd to be done after plugging in the headphones, but I"m getting no output.

Don't forget to create a headphone mix in TotalMix. The phones - and any other output of the UFX - work like a submix or better an aux bus on a classic mixer. You have to send a level from every channel to this bus to get a signal.

1) Click the headphone output (it gets brighter).
2) Raise the faders of all channels, which should send a signal to the headphones.

Or: copy/paste an existing mix from your main monitor outs to the headphone output(s) (right click both channels).

best regards
Knut