Topic: totalmix: fader linking on OSX

a little feature that has proven to be very comfortable when using my fireface 400 with PC is the possibility to link several faders by clicking on the desired fader-combination in totalmix, highlighting the channel name with yellow.
by this i can for example adjust the output level of all 6 channels of my surround mix with one twist of the front knob of my fireface.

recently, working on a project on OSX, I noticed that this functionality is not available on mac. instead the front knob only either adjusts the level of a mono channel or a stereo pair.

RME ... fix it in an update?

greetings, hjalti

Re: totalmix: fader linking on OSX

This should be included in the next driver version. We have changed the whole Mac TM sourcecode to be based on the Windows code, means both have identical features and capabilities in future versions.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

good work ... thx!

I have to bring up this Thread again.

What about this feature? I can't find it.
Only the "L" Shortcut to always link faders. But linking specific faders would be so great, or did i really not check how to do it?

Stephan

Can you please describe exactly what you think is not working correctly?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

For Example: I want to make input 1 & 2 and 7 & 8 a stereo pair, so that when i move a fader on channel 1, ch 2 will move to. Same with 7 & 8.

Stephan

That is the L feature. Otherwise you need two fader groups, and TotalMix has only one. Same in Windows.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok, that means i didn't miss anything.

Would it be something to be implemented in a future update?
I guess it wouldn't be that hard do code and there are so many users missind that feature if i got it right.

I switched from a Firestudio to the Fireface an i love everything about it. But the thing i miss the most is the stereolink feature.
The L feature of course works but i often forget if i activated it or not, touch a fader and booom changed the next by fader by accident.

Stephan

+1

MacPro 8core|Cubase6|Protools9|Logic8|Wavelab7|2xUAD-2|Apogee Rosetta200|Fireface800|2xMCMix

+2

Any admin comment?

up...

At least anything like: "No we won't implement this feature, or yes we will think about it" would be great!

Anyone?