1 (edited by Ventai 2011-06-07 12:26:17)

Topic: Using Babyface for multiple applications simultaneously

Hi there,

I'm wondering how you set the Babyface driver (/TotalMix) to be able to play audio from multiple applications simultaneously. I can get the ASIO4ALL driver to so this with no problem, and just wondered how this was achieved with the Babyface. 

I'm using Cubase 5.5
- RME Driver version: 0.966
- RME Hardware Revision: 176
- RME TotalMix: 0.924

Thanks

Re: Using Babyface for multiple applications simultaneously

Yes, this is possible by assigning different outputs to different applications: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9619

best regards
Knut

And this beta driver adds multi-client mixing: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10506

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Woops - I replied to the wrong message. .....

All good so far, I have app 1 coming out through AN3/4 and app 2 AN1/2. .

Is there any way I can feed the output of app 2 from AN1/2, into the input of app 1 AN3/4?

Plus I just realised that you can't monitor Analog3+4 in the DIGICheck Spectral Analyser, which makes the question before even more pertinent.

If the signal routing is not possible, could this (or all output monitoring) be added to the the Analyser?

Many thanks

Ventai wrote:

Is there any way I can feed the output of app 2 from AN1/2, into the input of app 1 AN3/4?

Sure, use "loopback" in the output channel settings to send playback back to an input. See the manual for details.

Ventai wrote:

Plus I just realised that you can't monitor Analog3+4 in the DIGICheck Spectral Analyser, which makes the question before even more pertinent.

You can, Options > Input Device Setup. Of course, this is a stereo meter, so you can only use 2 ch at a time.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.