Topic: RME bluray 5.1 playback

Is this possible to go out with 6 discrete balanced analog channels for playback 5.1 24/192 DTS master audio and 5.1 24/192 Dolby truehd from bluray with RME HDSPe AIO/AO4S-192 AIO pcie card using power dvd 11 on win7 x64? If not why?

Re: RME bluray 5.1 playback

Not sure, I must admit... Haven't tested it. If it won't work, it is likely to be an issue of the software... The card as such would certainly accept such a playback signal.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you for your answer. As you understood my purpose is to build up a quality stereo and home theater system with studio monitors. I think many people are interested. It would be great to take benefits of new standards like bd or pure audio bluray.
Anyway If somebody could test it would be great. Please keep me posted.

As I've pointed out, it's a question of the software. The only software that I heard of that will play e.g. DVD-Audio in HD (i.e. 192 k) was a special version of one of the usual DVD playback programs, but for some reason it was limited to a certain Soundblaster card that supported 192 and would not just work with any audio card. So if there is a software that will play BD and  play back multichannel without being limited to a specific hardware, it should work with RME cards as well.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME