1 (edited by moties 2011-06-29 08:48:09)

Topic: Remote Control release

Hi there

Is there a release date for the Remote Control for the UFX ?
The website says June 2011
I´m hoping for it soon

Best regards
Moties

MacPro Quad 2,8; MacBook Pro Dual 2,3; ProTools 10; Logic 9; Fireface UFX; OctaMic D; Quadmic

Re: Remote Control release

I am curios also.  I've been holding off on purchasing the UFX until the remote comes out so i can save on shipping.

I am also very interested for the same reasons above smile

I'll bite...when? How much? smile

No Update?

Nobody answers ???

MacPro Quad 2,8; MacBook Pro Dual 2,3; ProTools 10; Logic 9; Fireface UFX; OctaMic D; Quadmic

Liebe RME Mitarbeiter.
Ihr gebt hier im Forum einen vorbildlichen Support. Ich bin wirklich begeistert. Aber das keiner in der Lage ist, zu sagen das das Release Datum nach hinten verschoben ist wundert mich sehr. Es gibt offensichtlich noch Schwierigkeiten und es ist nur allzu verständlich das die Remote erst ausgeliefert wird wenn alles stimmt. Das ist weder Peinlich noch eine Schande. Aber alle die darauf warten habe die Information : "Die Remote Control wird voraussichtlich ab Juni 2011 lieferbar sein."
Einfach mal ein update geben.

Danke
Der RME Fan moties

So I'm assuming there is some kind of issue with production but a heads up would be nice...

Sorry for the delay. The release of the Remote Control is now scheduled for early September. There are no problems with the production but another good reason. We will explain later ... Please have a little more patience. I think everybody here will be very satisfied in the end.

best regards
Knut

So now it`s september. Any updates for the release?

Würde ich jetzt aber auch gern mal wissen....
Ich warte schon sehnsüchtig darauf.....

*grrr*

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Daniel K. :-)

The shipping starts next week.

best regards
Knut

Geil... endlich...
Jetzt hab ich Euch wieder lieb.   :-D ;-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Admin Knut wrote:

Sorry for the delay. The release of the Remote Control is now scheduled for early September. There are no problems with the production but
>>>>>>>>another good reason. We will explain later ... Please have a little more patience. I think everybody here will be very satisfied in the end.<<<<<<<<<<<

best regards
Knut

Verratet ihr jetzt mehr?? ... bitte bitte bitte Ich bin so aufgeregt und neugierig *g*

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12307

best regards
Knut

So what`s the matter now. When will the Remote be released?

You don't want to wait for the Advanced Remote?

best regards
Knut

Ja ich will die Advance Remote haben smile SOFORT *g*
Die fehlt mir noch in meiner Sammlung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

And for how long do we have to wait for the Advanve Remote after the "normal" is released. And what will be the cost for both?
A Internet store offers the norma for 199$ when it`s available. Then the advanced will be 599$ ?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/7 … ntrol.html

Price and shipping date for the Advanced Remote are not available yet. We've decided to announce the ARC now so UFX users can decide if they want to wait or buy the Remote. I think this is fair - even if RME loses sales - many users would buy twice.

The Standard Remote is ready for shipment. We will encourage all of RME's worldwide distributors to order the Remote and make it available for their countries on our worldwide distributors meeting next week.

best regards
Knut

21 (edited by matbard 2011-09-22 11:18:59)

Just a question: connecting a pair of powered, AES/EBU in digital monitors to the UFX outputs and using the Advance Remote Controller, will I be able to dim the volume of the monitors?

When do you intend to release additional detailed info about Advanced Remote?
It would be nice to know what ARC has to offer. In case I don't find it useful I can get standard remote now.

I hope you integrated fancy functions like M/S listening, mute L R separately while listening mono, etc...

Cheers,

b.

https://granurise.com

It would be nice to know what ARC has to offer.

6 additional buttons with LED. Programable in TotalMix.

best regards
Knut

minimalB wrote:

It would be nice to know what ARC has to offer. In case I don't find it useful I can get standard remote now.

I hope you integrated fancy functions like M/S listening, mute L R separately while listening mono, etc...b.

All the info you need is in the new Key Commands menu of the latest Total Mix FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

moties wrote:

A Internet store offers the norma for 199$ when it`s available. Then the advanced will be 599$ ?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/7 … ntrol.html

The information presented here is both wrong and misleading. The shop's offer is based on the former remote control from the ADI-8 QS, which was only built in very small numbers and only available as replacement part. That explains the given US price.

The new Standard Remote will have a lower price (of course). The new Advanced Remote will make the Standard Remote obsolete, from both price and features. So better wait a bit more before you buy an item that you will replace soon again...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you Matthias

I will wait a little longer for the remote. And I will deciede wich one I`ll choose after I know the price.
Best regards
Moties

One question: After it was programmed with Total Mix - will the Advanced Remote be able to work with the UFX as a stand-alone (if Total Mix is off or the computer is crashing)?
Rgds. T

Only volume. The other functions are software (TM FX) controlled.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Admin Knut wrote:

We've decided to announce the ARC now so UFX users can decide if they want to wait or buy the Remote. I think this is fair - even if RME loses sales - many users would buy twice

But how can we know if our UFXs are compatible with the ARC? I tried to ask a question in a post I started but it seems it was deleted, since I was a bit annoyed that I might have a UFX that is not as functional as the ones being sold today with the updated IO board.

All information will be released with the ARC.

best regards
Knut

frnak wrote:

I tried to ask a question in a post I started but it seems it was deleted

No, it was just shifted to the correct thread:

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12307

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Only volume. The other functions are software (TM FX) controlled.

Oh I see. I'm not sure whether we mean the same point. I understood that TM FX is available in stand-alone mode and there's is a direct access via MIDI or Advanced Remote on TM FX in stand-alone mode. Is this correct?
I'm aimed at the question whether there's a way to use e.g. talkback function and the other programmable buttons (via Advanced Remote or Midi Control) in stand-alone modus, too (or in case the computer is crashing during a production).

Always when I ask I get a little information. Where is a update? I just want to know if I can buy the Remote (or the Advaced) this, next or next but one year.

You can buy the Remote Control now. Just contact your local RME distributor for order information.

best regards
Knut

And where is the info to tell us whether the remote will work with our particular unit or if the unit needs to be updated?

Thanks!

jm

As mentioned here before the standard remote (one wheel two buttons new design) that is now available works with all UFX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I'm referring to the new remote that I believe Knut was talking about.  If he's saying it's now available, what are the criteria to specify which UFX units are good to go and which units will need the board update? If he's talking about the original remote, that wasn't clear in his post.  Obviously, everyone with UFX is anticipating the new remote or they would have gotten the original by now.

Any updates on the release of the Advanced Remote for the UFX?

2011-10-04 18:42:07
You can buy the Remote Control now. Just contact your local RME distributor for order information.

best regards
Knut

No you can`t
Best regards moties

Hi,

Any News about the new UFX Remote control with one wheel six buttons new design with leds ?

Thanks

The Advanced Remote will be released in Q1 2012.

best regards
Knut

of course

Think Messe?

De gustibus - et sonus - non est disputandum

News :

Overview

This wired Advanced Remote Control (ARC) has been designed for direct access to the most frequently used actions and commands required in a studio's daily work. Its extremely flexible configuration through TotalMix FX will simplify the workflow and greatly increase the usability of the RME interface in any real world situation.

* The Advanced Remote Control (ARC) can be used with all Fireface UCX. It can also be used with all Fireface UFX with a serial number 23241707 (built after June 2011) or higher. Upcoming interfaces that feature an Advanced Remote Control connector will also be compatible. Users that own a Fireface UFX with a serial number below 23241707 have to send their UFX to their distributor as it requires a hardware modification to be fully compatible to the Advanced Remote Control. This modification is not free of charge.

The ARC consists of a solid metal case with a main encoder dial, 2 push buttons and 6 LED-equipped buttons. The Remote Control connects to the main interface via a 5 m (16.4 ft.) cable and a special connector on the back of both units.

more at http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_advanced_remote.php

Will the Advanced Remote replace the Standard Remote when you purchase a UCX in the near future?
It seems crazy to have to have to ditch a device identical except for 6 buttons - a waste of materials and money. Please assure me that this is the case. Cheers!

What is the pricing on the ARC? I have one of the original UFX models what is the price for the modification to use the new remote?