Topic: FF800 midi stopped working

Hello

I've had a strange experience with my midi since i recently ever since i started trying to route midi out thru my newly aquired t.c. electronics d-two unit, at first everything worked fine, i had previously used my BCF2000 for an extended period of time as a totalmix controller, constant midi in and out flow without problems.

for some reason midi in stopped working and i tried bypassing the TC delay and just running midi from and to my access Virus A.. and it started working for a few moments or so, then i stopped recieving midi out signals and the LED wasn't showing anything.. i tried connecting it back to my BCF2000 and when activating midi controll in totalmix the LED from midi out again showed life-signs, but no data made it's way out still. so now i find myself sitting here 1-2 days on with only the midi out LED to show any lifesigns, i've tried midi-ox, i've tried sending information in Sounddiver, Cubase 6. and the Virus A panel using midi send option for knobs and so on..

what more can i do?, i've tried at least 6 different midi cables for their condition, the only thing i haven't yet done is reinstall my drivers out of fear for earlier problems with them. Now using driver version: 3.034 with latest firmware in my FF800

does this qualify as reason to take advantage of Thomann.de's  3 year warranty ?, and/or what would i have to do to further determine if there is hardware issues with my interface and get it fixed, or get a new one

Kind Regards from a Worried customer

Re: FF800 midi stopped working

ok now i doublechecked the midi in and out cables.. it appears the last time i reconnected my Virus A as standalone device to the FF800 midi, i had my cables mixed up and got the midi in/out wrong.. swapped it.. and suddenly it works flawlessly.. but i did have very strange experiences previously within the last 1-2 days.. and my experiences above are still something that did occur with correct connections, so i'm relieved at it's current functioning.. yet apprehencive about calling it "working"..

anything i should monitor or diagnose to ensure my gear's continuing health?.. and might such problems occur as a result of overheating?.. i've since discovering the problems added extra air conditioning to my rack and kept it all as cool as possible