1 (edited by Masaaki 2011-06-15 19:30:27)

Topic: One small feature request on TM FX

Hello RME staffs and developers,

I use stereo micing mostly, and I often have spot mics as well. So, when I use the pan knobs in the TM FX, it would be really convenient if I have a short cut to make them R100, or L100 with a mouse click (combination with Alt or Ctrl), or maybe typing positive/negative numbers to enter specific values to the pan setting. Right now, double clicking on the pan knob and set it to center is the only shortcut, as far as I know. As a shortcut to set L100 or R100, I know the "stereo" button set these pan to L100 (for odd ch) and R100 (for even ch) right away. But, this is only for odd-even number pair (like 1-2, 3-4, or 5-6 ch pairs). Problems is, I often have even-odd number stereo pair (like 2-3ch, or 6-7ch), because of the spot mics in between. During the setups of 6-8 stereo pairs and 4-5 spot mics, manipulating pan knobs and checking stereo image is a critical job (particularly for location recording). Shortcuts for pan knobs will make things easier, IMO.

So to summarize, I would like to request:
1. A feature that allows me to type in pan values.
2. keyboard shortcut, or mouse click combination (ctrl+click or something), that brings the pan value to L100 or R100 right away.
3. Ability to group stereo pair for even-odd number channels.

If any of these are already possible, sorry for my ignorance, but point me how I can do.
Thanks for your consideration.

Re: One small feature request on TM FX

Bumping this feature request myself. What do you think?

If I want one feature, I just want to double click on the number next to the pan knob, then a window pops up, like the window for the gain knob. Then, type in the pan numbers like +100 (for hard left) or -100 (for hard right) to enter the pan values exactly the way I want. I often use wireless keyboards with a trackball, and I can't control the pan knob very well. Typing the number is much easier for me.