Topic: Hdspe madi error

Hi, my hdspe madi card normall works flawlessly, however, it has twice now crashed. Totalmix shows all meters maxed out in level and the card no longer passes audio through it. After rebooting the card works again.

Also, when i am using the card with no madi present, is it normal for the error light to be lit on the card? I am using the card without madi at the moment, as i rent the madi system when it is needed.

I am using a mac pro with 10.6.7.

Thanks,
Danny

Re: Hdspe madi error

This error happenned to me again during a live show this weekend. Please reply.
The card was properl sync'ed with a yamaha ls9. We have been using the setup for a few months and it has worked properly, however we had the same error of the card crashing with total mix showing maxed out vu meters on ever channel.

Danny

3 (edited by Randyman... 2011-07-03 22:18:48)

Re: Hdspe madi error

I'd investigate the stability of the system and specifically the PSU and the mains power you are providing the PSU in depth.  Also try the old MC recommendation of cleaning the card's contacts with an eraser, and re-seat it.

FWIW - I have a spare PCI MADI card I paid $450 for just to have a spare - and actually have an entire "hand-me-down" (my old DAW) DAW PC that I can fire up in a pinch with slightly less capability than the primary PC DAW.  Any single point of failure that can bring down a rig and cause lost revenue should have an appropriate and easily accessible backup IMNSHO - from AD/DA's, to I/O cards, preamps, mics, cables, and the PC and PC components themselves...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8