Topic: Connecting MULTIFACE II and FIREFACE 800...

hello to you all!!!

This is my first time in here...I mean - first question....does anyone can advice me how to connect FF 800 from Multiface II?...I ve tried Adat cables in , Adat out...but what s next? Do I need word clock cable, too? The thing I wanna do is to get more inputs and outputs in my studio....I kindly ask for help.

Regards
Aro

Re: Connecting MULTIFACE II and FIREFACE 800...

What exactly are you trying to do? Is the Multiface connected to a PCI/e card?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

yes, Multiface II is connected to PC through PCI/e card. I bought FF 800 today and wanna connect MF II to gain 16 inputs and outputs. I ve got Adat cables but it doesn t work. I don t know where I m getting wrong in this. Thank you for immediate response.
Regards,
Aro

You have to install the FF800, then set up sync configuration, and set up the routing matrix. When this is complete, flash both to internal memory, then disconnect the FF800. Please see this video for detailed instructions.

http://youtu.be/Oibj81QIq4s?t=3m41s

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

thanx !!!!i m gonna try right now....hope I ll be successful...if not...I m gonna ask for more help...cheers!!!!

....well...now another problem arise...i can t install driversto FF800. I ve got MF II drivers installed on my PC....what now? Please!!! I need more help.
Regards

fryingpan Well, we can't help since we know absolutely nothing about your computer, where you are having trouble. There is no problem to install both drivers on the computer.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1018

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Here I go again...:)

I managed to connect Rme MultiFace II with FireFace 800 using adat cables - everything works excelent! I ve got 16 inputs - thanx for help!!
...but the truble I ve got now is that I can t find right configuration of Rme MF II with FF 800 to have 16 inputs and 16 outputs at the same time.
I ask for help, please....!!!Anyone!!!

Regards
Aro

10 (edited by lostinsound 2011-08-01 06:28:57)

Have you connected a second ADAT cable, from the output of the Multiface to the input of the Fireface? That would be step one. Then you'll have to plug the Fireface back in via firewire, open TotalMix, and route ADAT inputs (13-20 for the first ADAT port, or 21-28 for the second ADAT port) to the analog outputs (1-8). In the Fireface settings window, make sure input 1 is routed correctly (front input if you will use it as a D.I., rear input if you will use it as a balanced line input). Flash settings, unplug firewire, test it out.

Cheers