1 (edited by loomen 2011-08-20 15:22:47)

Topic: Fireface UC gets "disconnected" after waking up from the sleep-mode

I installed new drivers v0.984 and now every time my computer wakes up from sleep-mode, on TotalMix title-bar says disconnected, and I can't get a sound no matter what I do (except of a restart which is unacceptable). I tried to re plug the USB but nothing happens....

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with all the latest updates.

I am veeeery very satisfied with this card - I love it - and this is the first problem with it so far  smile

Thanks for your help,
Ivan

Re: Fireface UC gets "disconnected" after waking up from the sleep-mode

loomen,

Did you ever find a solution for this?  I have been having the same problem with my Fireface UFX.

OK, it's not just me. Here's what happens to me (Win7 64b):

Fireface UFX is working fine (using the USB interface - latest firmware update as of 14Feb 2011).
Shutdown laptop.
Boot laptop. No response from the Fireface settings on the taskbar. No response from the Totalmix button on the taskbar. No Fireface in Computer > Device Manager > Sounds, etc...
Unplug Fireface USB, plug it back in. UFX is detected and all is good!

Now, do the same as above but after shutting it down take the laptop to work where there is no Fireface. Boot laptop, and use as normal (but obviously with no Fireface). Shutdown Laptop to take back home.
Boot up with Fireface connected. Cannot access anything relating to the Fireface. Unplugging/replugging Fireface doesn't change anything. No Fireface in Computer > Device Manager > Sounds, etc...

To get it to work in this last scenario I must uninstall RME from Control Panel > Programs and Features AND go into Device Manager and manually uninstall and remove the drivers. At this point I can re-install the UFX from scratch and it works again.

Lesson - never boot up your laptop without the UFX connected!

I don't have this problem with anything else. Am I doing something wrong or is the UFX USB driver messed up?

Just fixed my problem by using another USB port. Apparently some USB ports power up slowly causing lots of confusion between the RME and Win7.

Fretman, check what other devices are on the USB port that misbehaves. See manual, chapter 33.3 USB Audio on how to check that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME