Topic: Multiface II lag, red light, software not responding?

Hey guys,

I  just recently bought a used multiface 2 with a HDSPe PCI card.  I hooked it up last night and ran the installers as instructed.  No problems there.
The mixer and settings icons came up on my taskbar as they should and in my device manager, I can see the RME hammerfall DSP under my sound, video and game controllers.  Everything looks fine.  However, there are a few things.

a.  my computer gets laggy as s***!  I have a 6 month old comp with win7 and i5 chip and 6 gigs or ram, so I know there shouldn't be an issue that my
computer is too old or whatever to run it.  I am also getting a solid red light on the MF unit.

b. If I try to run the flash updater, it locks up.  When I open it, it says that everything is up to date however.  I got the drivers for the card and multiface
off of the site, so I know that they are the newest drivers.

I looked up a bunch of stuff online and saw that some people would get a red light if they weren't running an external power supply to the MF.
I didn't get one with the package.  Is this the solution?  or is there something larger at play here?
I just wanted to buy this thing and hook it up.  Been interfaceless for a month and I'm dying to get working again. pls help! smile
thanks
dave

Re: Multiface II lag, red light, software not responding?

The red HOST light could indicate you have a bad connection, did you try a different FW400 cable yet?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hey Jeff.

thanks for the response.  I did in fact do that.  Should have mentioned it.
That wouldn't equate for all the comp issues once I install however.
Still messing with it.  No idea.
Dave

solved.
weird.  I read a post from a little while ago and you suggested bumping your power management stuff to high.  Mine was on power saving.
As soon as I changed it.  Boom it works smile
yay
thanks
dave