1 (edited by lawrs 2011-06-28 18:45:12)

Topic: Babyface & Windows XP doesn't wake up from standby

Hi there,

I just got my babyface, love everything about it. However there's just one little issue I encountered.

If I close the lid of my laptop, and the computer goes into standby with the babyface connected,
if I try to wake the laptop out of standby mode, my laptop wakes up without waking the screen!
The screen (monitor) remains pitch black.

SOLUTION

I've isolated the problem down to the babyface, did some tests,
found that "Safely Remove Hardware : Babyface" solves the problem!
So now if I want my laptop to go into standby mode, I just "safely remove hardware"
the babyface, and laptop wouldn't have a problem waking up from standby!

I'm using Win XP SP3 bootcamped on a Macbook Pro, Babyface & TotalMix updated to latest driver.

Also , a side note I would like to share here, in case anyone else faces this same problem...
the first time I encountered my laptop not waking up from standby with Babyface connected,
I restarted the laptop, and I was cursed with the "xp loading bar freeze" problem ever since. I then did a safe mode
with command prompt boot up, and ran CHKDSK \F , which seems to have solved the problem of xp load freeze.
PHEWWW!!!

I would like to add that before my first "laptop not waking from standby with Babyface connected" problem,
I did uninstall my Mbox 2 Pro drivers, and Pro Tools LE 7.4 (which I highly suspect to be the real culprit of my XP loading freeze problem).