Topic: TotalMix -- how to stop hardware input mute from working globally?

I use a FF UC and during a live recording I tried setting up a separate foldback channel from hardware output 3, which went to a little speaker.  I then monitored via 7/8 on headphones.  Everytime I muted hardware inputs on the headphones to check mics were working the keyboardist using the foldback said the channels were muted on his speaker too.  How do I stop mute applying globally like this in TotalMix?

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

Re: TotalMix -- how to stop hardware input mute from working globally?

You can't. Mute is always global, affecting all submixes. In TotalMix FX this can be done, but requires a UFX...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

So if I had to do this again how could I test channels on my headphones without affecting the other submixes?  Can I solo hardware inputs without a global effect?  It seems a bit cumbersome to have to manually pull down the faders on every other channel when TotalMix's 'thing' is numerous independent submixes...

Eastwood Records
www.eastwoodrecords.co.uk

Hmm, I just saw that your wrong (?) topic title made me think of the wrong TM. The UC does have TM FX and an updated manual which tells you which of the Mute functions work globally and which do not (the groups).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME