Topic: S/N lower at higher sample rates

Hi,

I am experiencing some strange behavior with the UFX at higher sample rate. This might very well be an noise issue from a component (I've been unplugging and testing a lot, or noise from the computer). What happens is, if I use a sample rate that is higher than 96kHz, like 176400 or 192000 the S/N for every input increases. For instance if no mics are plugged in the 4 mics show around -101db to -103db in TotalMixFX at 48kHz and around -76db at 192kHz samplerate. (That is a large increase)
I recorded the unplugged mic inputs in cubase, and did a spectrum analysis. It shows noise increase from 48kHz and above (not the samplerate, but the actual frequency). The noise grows from 48kHz and gradually flattens out at 96kHz in the spectrum. Now I cannot hear anything up there anyway, nor do I use any sample rate above 96kHz, but why would the unplugged input show this behavior. I've been checking closely from groundloops as well and it should be properly setup.

Torstein

Re: S/N lower at higher sample rates

This is explained in detail in the UFX manual

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: S/N lower at higher sample rates

Indeed, this is my first RTFM. smile Thanks for the very quick response, seems my findings matched the manual exactly.

Torstein