Topic: Babyface - Totalmix - Effects - Sequencer Channels

Hi, I'm going to get a Babyface, but first I need you can solve me this question:

If I have a Software Sequencer (ej: Ableton, Logic), and I have for example five Stereo Tracks: Could I route each Audio Signal individually to a Total Mix Channels to control for example volumes with Total Mix and not with Ableton or Logic?? And Could I use a Total Mix DSP EQ3 to each Ableton/Logic Channel? And Could I map this Volumes/EQ3/Reverbs (from TotalMix) with Midi?

Thanks, my english is not very good, I hope you can understand.

Re: Babyface - Totalmix - Effects - Sequencer Channels

amp wrote:

Hi, I'm going to get a Babyface, but first I need you can solve me this question:

If I have a Software Sequencer (ej: Ableton, Logic), and I have for example five Stereo Tracks: Could I route each Audio Signal individually to a Total Mix Channels to control for example volumes with Total Mix and not with Ableton or Logic??

Yes.

And Could I use a Total Mix DSP EQ3 to each Ableton/Logic Channel?

No, effects are only available on input and output channels. If you want to EQ these channels individually, it will be done in your software.

And Could I map this Volumes/EQ3/Reverbs (from TotalMix) with Midi?

Currently not possible.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks Jeff.

I don't understand how first answer is yes, and second is no, maybe something I don't understand or I have not expressed something correctly.

RME Babyface have 12 outputs. So I understand you can route 6 stereo channels (from a software sequencer) to this 12 outputs. And then, with Total Mix, work with this 12 audio channels with fader volumes to give only one master, and that master is played out through the XLR audio output.

So If I can use the effects  (EQ3, Reverb) on outputs, then the originally 6 stereo channels from a software sequencer, through Total Mix, get the DSP Effects.

Or What am I wrong?

Thanks.

Playback channels (output from software) do not have effects - these feed the physical output channels. You can mix these playback channels in any way to any physical output pair.

The XLR output, and all other physical output channels, do have effects available. This means you can only apply Babyface effects to the "master" output, not the individual channels.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.