Topic: Channel 7 (Front) Noisy.

I was recording this weekend using channel 7 (Front input) it worked fine. The next day when I was going to continue the session channel 7 was extremely loud an crackling. I thought at first it was the mic cable or mic so I switched them out nothing. So I just un-plugged the XLR all together with the channel still record enabled and it still gave a really loud crackling noise. Anyone else have this problem? What can I do to fix it?

Re: Channel 7 (Front) Noisy.

Using phantom power or not?

Yes, I did use the phantom power but turned it off to check if it was the phantom power. Still the same result. Just really noisy.

Can anyone help figure out this problem?

Sorry, but if you get noise with the gain turned down and nothing attached, then the unit requires service.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Dang it. I was hoping it wasn't that. Does anyone know how I go about sending it out for service? Do I send it to germany from the United States (Ohio) or do I send it back to the company I bought it from?

Your dealer can help if the unit is new. Otherwise, email me your serial #, return address, and phone number. We have an authorized service center in Ohio.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Marco, you didn't happen to have an accidental patch where two lots of phantom got passed through the pre-amp? ie Like using an external pre with phantom also turned on and half normalled through a patchbay, thus knocking out some diodes in the Fireface pre? (awfully familiar to me).

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------