Topic: RME Babyface and suitable headphones

Hi,

I am looking at getting a new set of headphones to use as monitors while recording vocals via a RODE NT2A Mic.

I have been looking at the AKG K 240 MK II, and just need to know if these will be OK for use on the Babyface, as I have heard that the headphone output is a little low.

Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Re: RME Babyface and suitable headphones

From the specs the 55 Ohm of the AKG K 240 MK II are a perfect match.

regards
Knut

Thank you for the quick reply. I will look into purchasing them on payday.

One more set , the KRK KNS 8400, would they be a better choice? Thanks.

The KRK KNS 8400 has 36 Ohm. No problem. Only high impedance headphones (600 Ohm ...) could need an external preamp.

best regards
Knut

Thanks, so out of the two, would you say the KRK are the best to buy (getting them tomorrow). As I use a pair of KRKRP6 monitor speakers on my Babyface, which are superb.

Bought the KRK KNS 8400. Been trying them out all weekend. They work great with the Babyface. Thanks again for all feedback.

I have been using Beyer Dynamic DT 770 PRO, 250 Ohms with the Babyface and Rode NT2A without any problems.

The KRKs are superb. Really cannot recommend them enough to other Babyface owners.

Sennheiser HD25's work great with the Babyface & are are the industry standard in sound reinforcement.

More confusion. Sony MDR 7509's are often reference headsets for TV post-production and I have never regretted a moment.

Thanks to all that posted in here, I'm sure its all of great help for others, as it was for me.