Topic: Fireface UFX update

I just installed the latest driver and FUT (06/20/2011, 06/27/2011) for Fireface UFX.
The install for the driver was successful, however the install for the flash update returned an error.

USB 342/DSP 00/FW 0
Failed with error 10200000/0

Can someone tell me what this means and how to correct it?

Re: Fireface UFX update

Having the same issue.

I've got a new lovely Fireface UFX here.  I've loaded the latest (3.02) Fireface driver on my mac.  (os 10.6.8 / Intel Mac Pro)  The UFX is not recognized.  (however my fireface 400 is.)

On boot, the UFX device shows:  SW Version 1.10

I've attempted to run the USB Flash Update.  "Fireface USB Flash Update 2.64" from your website, on two different computers, following all instructions.  Each time I get the same error:

Revision  USB 342/DSP 0.00/FW 0
Status  Failed with error 10200000/0

I've googled the error, searched the RME forums, and learned nothing...  Also I'm unable to locate any older UFX firmware updates, in the event the firmware requires newer than 1.10 to load.

Thoughts?

-jeremiah

1: MBP M1 Max 64gb
2: 2018 i7 Mini, 32gb
ProTools 2023.3, Live 11
UFX, FF400, Babyface

The latest driver and flash is from 22 November. And the UFX can not be flashed under FireWire operation.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by jeremiahmoore 2012-01-03 22:55:14)

Success - I've installed the USB driver and now the device is recognized and firmware updater runs fine.

I made the mistake of assuming if I'd installed the UFX driver, that I'd installed both USB and Firewire.  This is not the case.  In download section, choose the "USB" heading then the UFX driver package. 

To go into detail:  Funnily, all along I've understood that it requires USB, and thought I'd installed the USB driver but still the device was not being recognized, and that perhaps the firmware was too old to talk to the latest driver.  The problem was that I wrongly believed the "UFX Driver" I'd installed was universal:  Both firewire AND USB.  In retrospect, it seems obvious you'd want to be able to install the drivers independently, but my assumption was that when selecting "firewire" or "usb" on the downloads page, I was narrowing down on the hardware (UFX in my case) rather than narrowing down which connection method I wanted to install a driver for.  A confusion bred of assumptions meeting slightly unclear web design.

Perhaps you can consider adding a note to your documentation about this.  I'm sure it's crystal clear to anyone inside RME, or to any long-time users who are familiar w/ your approach.  However, to a new user it is a point of confusion. 

-jeremiah

1: MBP M1 Max 64gb
2: 2018 i7 Mini, 32gb
ProTools 2023.3, Live 11
UFX, FF400, Babyface